Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Quotes that Make Me Old

I know. I know. I have been a terrible blogger and you will be disappointed to know that I don't have much tonight. I really do have lots, but I am crazy tired and have school stuff to get finished up before the morning. We have "All-American/Celebration" Day tomorrow. We are each having educational but fun class. I am setting up a Survivor game that was on the show this year. Hope it turns out fun. They are going to race to a puzzle table, solve a problem, locate the coordinate based on their answer. Then they will take their coordinates and criss cross ropes to discover some letters in a missing saying.

School is out soon which means that I will have lots of posts next week. They might show up this week if my house gets cleaned, laundry put away, papers graded and basement finished. I wouldn't place any bets that blogs will make the list.

I will leave you with a couple quotes.

First from Corey at school - I have been using my laptop for several days with a project that we have been doing. They have been quite impressed by my ability to type in formulas and make numbers magically appear. They asked where I had learned it. I told them in my 8th grade computer tech class. More awes from the crowd and then I said something about learning to use Bank Street Rider in 3rd grade. Corey exclaimed from behind me They had computers when you were in 3rd grade???? Thanks Corey - do you really think I am as old as dinosaurs?

Drew tonight during bedtime -
Mom: Drew, do you know who loves you?
Drew: Grandpa, Blake, Oliver, Banjo (yes that is the real name)...Daddy, Ally,.... and Jesus.
Mom: Who loves you the most?
Drew: Jesus, do you know why mom? (a little curious from me) Because he is the God of Lords.
He is my sweetheart!!!!

This is the longest quote in Jason's book from Ally on Monday morning when talking about the previous night's tornados (or tomatoes - as Drew calls it)
"When I'm married to Trippy and our house blows down, we'll probably stay with Trippy's parents, or my cousins, or with you guys. Actually we'll probably stay with you guys because you make good pancakes. And we'll probably stay with you while Trippy builds us a new house. I'll probably tell Trippy to build our new house out of bricks so it will be stong."

The conversation continues as Jason prods more info out of her.
"It will be two colors. I will have Trippy make it pink because that is my favorite color and he can pick his favorite color. It will be those colors because of our love."

Huh???? Where does she get this stuff?

2 comments:

amy said...

HILARIOUS!!! You might want to break the news to Ally that not all boys can build things like her daddy. I don't want her to be too disappointed if he doesn't grow up to be as handy as Jason!! you can also tell her that Trip likes the color pink pretty well, so he'll probably be okay with that. He did tell my mom the other day that his favorite color now is black. ask ally if a pink & black house would be acceptable...

Chuck said...

I know that Trip kid's parents and I wouldn't let him anywhere near her if I were you!