Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Close to Camping

The kids have been obsessed with having a camp out in their room. Ally has been pretending "camp." Since she returned from EIBC. They knew we had a tent, but it has been in storage for awhile. I finally broke and got it out. I thought it would be COOL to play with it outdoors, but one fly flew in and that was the end of that. So up to their rooms it went.

On Friday night we let them sleep in the tent. They insisted on closing the door. I was positive not much sleeping would get done. When we went to bed, Ally was half awake and sweating. She ended up climbing into her cool bed. Drew awoke at 5:30 wondering where his sister was. He climbed into his bed since he didn't want to sleep alone. Tana never complained that she had to sleep in her crib.

So I guess we aren't ready for the backyard and that is fine with me! I don't enjoy sleeping on the ground with all the fun noises.

3 comments:

Andrea G. said...

LOVE the tent picture! I remember doing that in the backyard growing up! You are SUCH A GOOD FUN mama!

Do you guys have family in Tuscan?

Carrie Sterner said...

Our kids love doing the very same thing. As a matter of fact, just last week Miss E was asking to do the very same thing.

The one time I went to hear Beth Moore in Des Moines I came home to find our large one up in our living room....it filled it! Kids loved it.

Laughing a little as the word I am supposed to type in for security is "suckin." LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh my what funny noises - Jason in there with them??

Better get them ready, I'm taking my new tent to Omaha next week!!!