Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Unexpected

I have had a toothache for some time due to some stupid popcorn I had. I was sick and tired of the dull aching pain and scheduled an appointment to see Dr. Hart. I was also feeling this hard mountain behind my last molar. I was already planning to hear the dreaded words - you need your wisdom teeth out.

I will save you the details, but it looks like I have one tooth that has always been bad. It has had a chipped and filled and recaped since I was young. Why they haven't pulled it is beyond me. He wants to put a crown on it. Man that makes me feel old - aren't old people the only ones that get crowns?

Then we talked about the wisdom teeth. I'm double covered on dental insurance right now so it is the best time to get it done. I asked about pulling on Thursday night if I would be ready for school on Monday. He said - you'd be fine by Friday morning. I laughed. In fact let's do it now. What?????

Well I am at home in hardly no pain (we will see what Wednesday morning brings) except for the tingling of the novacain wearing off. They only pulled one so I have 25% less wisdom tonight. They wouldn't let me keep it so I guess the tooth fairy won't bring me any money - Bummer!

3 comments:

amy said...

hilarious! i broke off a large part of one of my top back teeth (it was from the side of my tooth) eating a pretzel rod the other day. i went to the dentist & he wants to do a 'porcelain onlay', but didn't have time to do it that day, so i have to go back in a couple of weeks. i didn't know what that was, so i researched it online. it is similar to a crown, but doesn't go all the way to the gumline. i feel really old , too!

Brenda Rae said...

that is what they did to me a couple years ago in LSL, but it didn't work and they are replacing it at the begining of May - beware a little! AND VERY EXPENSIVE!

David and Marianne said...

so sorry.. what a bummer. thank the Lord for insurance!

see you in a couple days!