Monday, August 24, 2009

Iowa State Fair 2009

After a morning meeting at school, Jason came home early so that we could enjoy our last day before school starts as a family - at the FAIR! Now I know that I didn't start going to the fair until Jason and I met, but I thought I was the only one that hadn't been to the fair. We almost didn't go, but thanks to Uncle Chad who asked the kids when they were going - We didn't hear the end of that until we were in the van on our way to Des Moines.

This year we went through our typical route backwards since the first thing they wanted to do was the Little Hands Farm. We didn't get to play on the tractors or stay in the Varied Industry building as long as we would have liked, but we had fun.


The outside pictures are from this year. The inside picture is from 2006 - our first year back in Iowa. Wow have they grown! (click to make it bigger)

This year we let the kids play in the sprinklers since it was so darn hot! If it would have been okay for adults, I would have been in there too. I smelled rotten by the end of the day. Glad we took extra t-shirts to wear home!


We enjoyed some good fair food. We got a funnel cake that was gone in less than 30 seconds. Next year I am getting it when the kids go on the big slide so that I get more than 2 bites. Who ever the genious was that introduced them to funnel cakes is in trouble. I never get any of it! Our only regret is not finding the chocolate covered bacon on a stick - the trip would have then been complete.

No comments: