Saturday, January 31, 2009

Crib Is UP.

We are moving right along and getting ready for the baby. After much contemplation about the bedding I decided that I really want it to "match" it's gender so I am going to wait to decorate until AFTER Hammie is born. We have a bed. We have a changing table and are ready, but want to paint and stuff after it is here so it's room will be good to go for awhile.

I have picked out the bedding and will order it once the time is a little closer. We tried to look at it when we went to Des Moines, but of coarse I picked stuff that is online only. If it is a girl then I want purple and green. I will make some of the stuff like the bed skirt and stuff. This time around we aren't going to get the quilt that never gets used! I really like this butterfly or flower stuff also - I think my mom and I can figure out how to get something close.

I am not 100% sure on the boy stuff, but have some green and brown picked out currently at Babies R Us. Probably a dark brown bumper and who knows about the skirt. The crib looks a little silly without one though. Haven't thought much about decorations.

Ally helped Jason put the crib together today.

Drew "supervised."

It is up and ready for a little person to come live with us in no more than 9 weeks - hopefully a little earlier!

I would have posted pictures of the guest room, but they ordered the wrong color of headboard so we are waiting for that to come in.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Good Grief, friend. You are totally allowed to lurk if you wish..... I do! Love everything you are doing in sweet Hammie's room! The kids look so excited. Love it!
Sarah

Sarah said...

OK. So I amy be a bit anal, but I was checking out the Green and Brown boy stuff at babies r us, and noticed they did not have a great reviews. Check it out. I love the pattern though, and if they came in queen size bedding, I would totally get them.

Brenda Rae said...

I definitely saw the reviews and wonder if the new parents knew if they are suppose to be so tight. I won't buy more than one if I do....

amy said...

so, you already have a girl and a boy... don't you have nursery stuff already for a baby's room????

Brenda Rae said...

we used the same neutral stuff for both. I want this room to be good until they are ready for school. Remember I had Jason paint two different rooms the same exact way and pulled off the pretty pink flowers wall paper that I made him keep for the first time since I wanted that pink paper for a little girl?

allison said...

you have great taste! when i was shopping around for baby stuff i saw the pottery barn flowers and loved them and thought about trying to recreate them. also, the boys bedding colors are very similar to what we have in the nursery now. plus i have a receiving blanket the matches the crib sheet exactly. who would have know we would have picked out similar patters:)