Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Door Closed

After 6 years at Cross Keys Middle School, I let the door close never to go back into the building. I loved that place. It smelled. It was old. It was crazy at times, but some of my fondest memories in STL were at CKMS. I made friends that will be with me forever. Friends that know what "pop" is and friends that know all my annoying twirks.

Even though there were many good years, I enjoyed the final year of MASH. 5 young girls and our dad, Tom. Tom always said that we talked of boobs and food. We might have had our differences and miscommunications, but on Friday we were still friends to have a drink together - even if it was a pepsi!

I also gained some friends that mentored me and taught me to watch and learn from those around me. They may have been "old" in the kids' eyes but in heart they were as young as I. I would have loved to see the b-ball game where June and Marilyn ran (hummm not quite the right word) down the court. You could always hear Connie scream down the hall. Jan in her little yellow bug. Barb had the books that weren't always good for RRW shelves. Sue gave me inspiration to continue even when the fight was hard.

Things that I can't forget (or some of them I would like too!)
1. Dave's jokes
2. The Scissors Era
3. Team mtg
4. Friday lunches
5. Joan's final year song (poem) of which I didn't get to hear
6. Marilyn and June doing "tests" on Ally to see if she was a girl or boy...
7. Finding out that "Connie" was going to have a baby
8. Inspire or Perspire

The list continues... What are your favorite CKMS memories?

No comments: