Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow Day!

All last night I was SURE that we would have a snow day. We ended up staying up watching t.v. late with the assumption that we wouldn't have school. I had a lot of faith in the weatherman considering that it wasn't snowing at 11:30 yet and we needed enough by 5:30 to call off school for the day - but supposedly something good was coming and the radar showed it!

At 5:30 Jason got up and looked outside and said - about 2 inches - arghhhh. He went down to look at the computer and came back up 5 minutes later and said you are off!!!! YIPPEEEEE. I got the offical call about 6:00 and called Joe - my student teacher. I think it is amazing that back 11 years ago, my dad would CAREFULLY listen to the radio to see if we had school. They weren't organized back then - no ABC order. You had to keep listening until you for SURE heard your school because you never knew if you missed it. Now days we are sophisticated with the internet and all.

I think that it snowed until the middle of the afternoon. I don't think we actually got more than 4 inches, but it drifted pretty good. We got out and scooped the drive-way. Once again we are taking donations to the snow blower fund. I was trying to be a good wife and help, but I am PAYING for it now!

Here are some fun picts from the night.
Ally decided that we needed to scoop the backyard - she was on her own and gave up after a half hour.
Drew was a wimp tonight. He gets cold easily and went inside early. He must have been lonely because he kept opening the door and talking to us. He did have fun with his bike but was slowed down by the drifts.
Jason showed Ally how to make a snow angel. Then we had a snow clump fight - it wasn't good packing snow.

In the end we had a good cup of hot cocoa with marshmellows! Now back to school for an insane day after a snow day combined with Valentine's Day - oh boy!

No comments: