Thursday, August 21, 2008

A New Year - With a Big FIRST

Our precious little princess started Kindergarten yesterday. She was so excited. She has been counting down the days by crossing them off the calender since the beginning of August. On Tuesday night we went to the ice cream social and dropped off both of their supplies in their rooms. Ally got to meet her new teacher, Mrs. Glanz. Drew got to give some shy hugs to his old teachers who were thrilled to see him!

We got up early to head out on Wednesday - as you can tell by the picture Drew wasn't going to be nice to his sister. Not sure I am ready for all of this! No tears were shed by anyone - probably too busy to worry about it. We got to school and hiked in since our parking lot is under construction and we have to park A LONG WALK AWAY! We got Drew into his room and headed down to dropped Ally off for breakfast. We got close and she told me that she could do it by herself. There is no doubt in my mind that she could - but this one was for Mommy. Today I did let her go down by herself when my copies were taking a little too long. I can't believe she is so big.

Her first day was so EXCITING she said. She loved learning about being a good friend, going to music, eating in the cafeteria, recess and after-school program. She is definitely not shy. When I walked by I saw her in the middle of the group with her hand up to ask a question or give an answer. I am sure that she will have many stories and things to continue telling Mrs. Glanz.

Drew by the way is not shy anymore to his teacher. He has broken back out of his shell and has already starting fluttering his eyelashes at his teachers. He told me that only one teacher had to rub his back and lay with him at rest time.

For this mommy - she is tired and worn out. I am trying to use all my new technologies and try to get things off to a positive start. This group is great and I am excited to get to know them. Man I wish I could get their names fast though!

1 comment:

Andrea G. said...

How exciting that you guys are all at school together! I hope it is going well! I hear you on the tiredness!

My kids are struggling with talking, but they are so excited to learn!