Sunday, September 24, 2006

Bad thing about the Farm

There are many things that I hate about the farm. One Sunday night while Ally and I were eating with Grandpa, we were discussing mice. I told him that I was scared to death of going up stairs in the farm house because I don't want a mouse to jump out and get me - like it would hurt me - it is probably more scared of the screaming lady. He assured me that he had never seen a mouse up there or on the main level. The basement he said was another story. He had seen and heard them running through the ceiling tiles. A lot of comfort that gave me. Ceiling tiles are only a few inches from the main floor.

My trust in Grandpa's word has lessen.... If you aren't familar with the traditions of mice, let me tell you that as the break of cold comes, the mice search for a warm place for shelter. On a farm many times it happens to be the house in most cases - well maybe not most, I should be glad that all the mice out there aren't in my house! As a child I remember them in my closet and running over my pillow and over my leg once.

As we were snuggled up watching a movie last night, Jason jumped up as if he was gling to tackle the tv. He said cover you face. I thought there was something bad in the movie. If you can't figure out where this story is going - a mouse ran across the kitchen and behind the tv. I am not sure what Jason thought he was going to do??? 200 pound man takes on 3 oz mouse and win??? Wrong - mouse won. After many blockades and Brenda screaming to get it to go the other way - he ran around the blockade and into the toy room. I am sure Ally will get a surprise soon.

We got some traps that I have vowed to never change or look at.

No comments: