Wednesday, September 27, 2006

See Ya at the Pole

Oh for some good news for the week!

Today was a day to pray for our schools and it was wonderful! A few weeks ago I told a student that we went to the same church. He came up later and asked if I would go to "See you at the Pole." I said yes and then asked if I wanted a shirt. I was really excited.

The kids planned it with one of the mothers and they did a great job. It would be really hard to stand up, pray and sing for God in front of your school as everyone was arriving. So many of my kids were there leading it. Some parents came also which was encouraging to have them know that I was there to pray with them for our kids and the relationships around them.

They sang songs, read the Bible and prayed. My prayer for the kids and the others around me is that they see Jesus in me - that I will show grace and mercy and most importantly love them as Jesus loves them. I pray that my actions will speak louder than my big mouth!

No comments: