Thursday, September 21, 2006

Calling All Prayer Warriors...





In the past 6 years, there have been many times that my mom has called me and said that Grandma wasn't doing well. This time it seems like she is farther gone than every other time. Today is Grandma and Grandpa Smith's 66th wedding anniversary. My Grandpa sat holding her hand while she lay in a hospital bed struggling for every breath.



Right before Ally was born, Grandma was in the hospital. I wanted to go home so bad, but was close to the end of the pregnancy so had to stick close. I had the name Ally picked out but her middle name was still out there. Ally Renae or Ally Arlene? The second didn't sound as "cute" as we wanted. As she was born and we found out it was a girl, Jason said, "Ally Arlene." It has obviously stuck. It is absolutely precious when my little girl says it. Throughout this email are pictures of Grandma and her Ally cat - I think that Ally was her favorite - or at least her favorite name. I think she has 17 favorite great-grandkids and 20 favorite grandkiddos and 8 children.



She has been "sick" for awhile but Grandma has come out of it every time. She is a fighter and a trooper - even when I think she would have loved to give up many times. I think she turned 86 at the end of August. Please pray for God's will. No one wants to see her gone, but we want the best for her. If God wants us to keep her for a little longer, we would gladly. But at the same time, I hate to see her miserable. I know that she will see her maker and sing with him in glory. I hope that she smiles for God more than she does for us in pictures.



Please pray for comfort for Grandpa who can't be with her as much as he would like. Pray for him as he watches his best friend suffer.



Ally wanted to go see Grandma Arlene tonight, but we all knew that wasn't such a good idea. Hopefully Ally will remember the good Grandma Arlene that smiled when Ally sang her the Bumblebee song. We luckily have been there the last couple Sunday nights to spend with them.



Yes all these pictures were of Ally and her Great-Grandma Arlene!

1 comment:

amy said...

we'll be praying for your grandma as we have always done. it is so hard to think about losing someone you love so much, but it does get easier when you know that they love Jesus & will be so much better off in Heaven. keep us updated.