Thursday, October 12, 2006

Let it Snow.....


Oh what a day! The cold has hit! This morning I went downstairs in search of coats. Ally didn't understand why she had to wear a coat in the car. I couldn't find Drew's even though I know that we have one - so I decided that we needed to get to Iowa City to get him a coat before it gets much colder than mid 40s.

The afternoon didn't go quite as planned though - God seems to have a good sense of humor. I got out of my really exciting meeting and noticed that one tire was low. I was in Oxford which is a town of no more than 500. I thought there was a gas station, but would it have air for my sad tire?? They did have air, but it didn't seem like my tire was filling very quickly. I stopped the air and listened and heard someone whispering..pssssssss. Then I felt the air pouring out of my tire. Great! Jason had put his phone on vibrate in his coat pocket during his meeting. I have very little signal in the middle of nowhere.

I headed into the gas station which was nice. The clerk said there was a tire shop across the street. She walked me to the back door and said that he was still open. I walked over in hope that he wasn't busy and would fix the leak in my tire. He could do it, but he had to finish the job he was on and go get his son outside of town who ran out of gas. He was pretty old too. He got it fixed and I was on my way to get the kids.

We made it to the interstate. When I was getting on, a man was pointing to my poor tire. Great - now what. I was talking to Jason at the time heading to the house and get Drew's coat. Jason had to head up to change the tire. I think that I probably could have changed it, but I am deathly afriad of big semis on the interstate. Also did I mention that it was flurring????? That is what the white blurry specs are on the pictures.

The rest of the night was unadventurous. Jason was working on digging five 48 inch deep holes by 16 inches wide holes in the hard clay for a deck. Not to mention that it was freezing. We got our stuff and headed home with McD's to make everyone happy.

No comments: