Monday, October 2, 2006

Trials and Suffering

God is really testing my trust and faith these past couple weeks. It seems that a trial comes and I work through it and then something else flies in my face. Trusting God is hard when he keeps throwing in the curve balls.

We celebrated Grandma Arlene's life on Saturday. There might have been lots of tears, but at the same time it was awesome to praise God for a woman that feared and loved him so much. I need to get the letter that my brother wrote about his memories of her - I will post it later. We also have a video that I will post soon also.

My tears for this blog come from a phone call from my principal about an hour ago. It seems that one of my students Josh (JR) was in a head on collision. He said that the doctors have said that it doesn't look good. JR was a kid that was popular and an athelete. I never saw him frown and was always in a good mood. Many of you know that I am not a crier, but death seems to be surrounding me.

One hard thing will be that my kiddos have grown up together since kindergarten and many before that. We are in a small community that knows everything and is everyone's friends. Please pray for these kids as they come to understanding that they might lose their good friend. Pray for me as I comfort them and think about how JR even affected me in the few short weeks that I have gotten to know him.

In the above picture, Josh is the boy orange Broncos sweatshirt. Please pray for the boys surrounding him. They are the ones struggling with understanding what is going on around them.

Have a good night and may you trust God that He is the one true comforter.

3 comments:

Brenda Rae said...

Does anyone know how to delete stupid comments like this?

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs Willis,
This is Mariah R. and Kara B. We just wanted to say to everyone out there that this is a serious reason to pray, be cuzz this guy is fighting for all his life, and he will not give up. We need to have everyone pray, be cuzz we miss he dearly!
Luv your students,
Mariah R. & Kara B.

Allie L. said...

Brenda -
Set your profile settings so that you can moderate comments (you'll get an email with the comment and then you just approve or deny it being listed. That way these spammers can't do what they just did!

Praying for JR...
Allie