Friday, November 10, 2006

Bad Mom! (and Dad)

Well, I think it is about time that I add to the Worst Mom of the Year sagas.

Yesterday I was putting the kids in the truck to head home after school. I had both kids buckled in and was getting ready to get in myself when I realized that I had hit the lock button on the car and locked my poor kids into the car buckled into their seats. Of coarse my keys were in the truck with my phone. I was also locked out of the school, but luckily a janitor had just come out into the hall and saw me.

I ran into the school and grabbed Sandi (a good teacher friend) and her cell phone. I tried calling Jason, but he didn't answer because it was a Miron forward and not his wife's number. Arghhhh what to do. Another teacher flagged down the principal on his way out and we stared at the truck wondering what to do. The kids didn't know what was going on and were laughing. Luckily it was also 65 degrees out instead of the normal November weather.

After about 30 seconds, Brad (principal) tried Drew's door again and it was OPEN!!! Drew had his socks and shoes off and was playing with the door locks! Ally was too. I felt awful. I am known (mainly by my husband) to lose my keys and lock them in the car. I guess we need to find the magnetic box and put in under the vehicles again.

Cell phone - Jason did answer the next call when I called him from my phone.

2 comments:

amy said...

i am a bad mom, but i can say that i have never locked my kids in the car (at least not YET!) funny that drew unlocked his door on his own! glad everything turned out well.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. Did i ever tell you when I locked the kids in the car that i was babysitting? talk about feeling awful. and it was in the garage! one cried, one laughed and one fell asleep while just watching me. i played peek a boo in the windows til aaa got there. i can sympathize. liz