Saturday, November 4, 2006

Home Sweet Home

I am not quite sure how sweet home is yet, but we are finally home! We moved today. I didn't have school on Friday (conferences comp day) and Jason took the day off to pack. At 8:30, the truck from STL arrived and the guys started unloading. Meanwhile Jason finished packing the truck in Brooklyn and by 11:00 he was on the road.

By 4:00, the trucks were unloaded and now we have paths between rooms. Who knows when I will ever park my van in the garage. I don't have pictures because I didn't take any in the confusion, but I will get some day light picts soon.

Now we need to get change of address cards out so that we are forgotten at Christmas! Ally was thrilled to get Quinn's birthday invite - even though she is heading to a calf sale that day with Daddy and Drew. We are pondering the noisy toy we can get him.

Off to put up a curtain so we don't scare our new neighbors!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm sure you guys are exhausted! Remember, take out food eaten during a move is a moving expense. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finally getting to move in! I can't wait to see pics of the new place!

Brenda Rae said...

McDonalds isn't too bad, but we haven't had to too much since we had all food in a cooler and the pans were the first unloaded!

amy said...

Woohoo!! YEA for the new house. clean out a space for us, we're coming up for a visit this weekend!! (just kidding, we have quinn's b'day party & company will be in town). but hopefully we'll be able to come up before too long!