Monday, November 20, 2006

Fareway!

I have several blogs from this weekend that I need to post, but I had a great memory on why I love IA grocery stores!!!!

Fareway is the greatest store on earth. It might be outdated. They all wear white shirts and black ties (Morman family own the store.) Their store is not high tech. I remember the last time I shopped in Ames, I think they still had to type in all the prices. So in the past 6 yrs they have upgraded to scanners.

You might ask why do I love this store???? Service. I had 2 kids that refuse to ride in the cart anymore and wanted to walk out holding my hand. Okay I am for holding hands, but I had a small bag of groceries and Jason's breakfast drink - mountain dew. When I got up to the check out the girl - said "carry out." YEAH!!! You are NOT allowed to push the cart out the door. You can carry your groceries, but the carry out boy pushes the cart or carries your stuff! He followed our little scrambling threesome as we headed out to the car. He put it in my van and said - Have a good evening - all as I got the kids in their carseats.

What a great night~

2 comments:

amy said...

b~ there are nice people in every grocery store in america that will help you get your stuff to the car if you need assistance. they will probably expect a buck or two tip, but they'll definitely help you get your stuff to the car.

Brenda Rae said...

oh you can't tip these guys - it is against their rules. It's all part of the service!