Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Bapoleon

I've mentioned that my husband is a bad influence on my kids. FYI - If you are a parent of a pre-schooler or small child - watch what you say. Why you ask? Because they take your words other places. For example - Pre-school.

I walked into the office last week to find Ally's teachers. When I walked in - they started laughing and said, "You'd never believe what Ally did today." Today being the key word, they love to talk to her because she has a weird philosophy about everything that makes you giggle - but me embarassed!

We have started eating tator tots that influenced a post a few weeks ago. They were having tator tots at school and all said in distress, "My daddy makes me laugh when he says something." She puts her hand to her cheek in deep thought and remembers - "oh yeah, Bapoleon!"

Amanda, her teacher, says, "you mean Napoleon?"

Ally, "Yes, Napoleon give me you tots!" She yells at lunch.

Now every time anyone mentions tator tots we have two kids that yell, "Napoleon give me your tots."

I am waiting for Jason's next mistake in words to come back to get me at school. Drew has the "Surf's up" penguin toys and Jason keeps calling them ducks. On the way home from school, Jason was making fun of Drew because he was hiding his ducks in his pants. Can you imagine how this sentence might come out to Ally's teachers???

2 comments:

amy said...

kids... you gotta love them!

Michelle Ross said...

You have NO idea how much that made me laugh.
That is so awesome!