Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Little (or a lot) Prayer Needed

All my dear readers that faithfully check this site daily - I have been absent from the blog but it is out of pure business. I know that you all are busy and feel no sympathy, but that is my excuse. This past week has been filled with Jason being gone in in PA and a lovely outbreak of e.coli in our school - more specifically our preschool/elementary. There are 4 confirmed cases and 2 suspected. It sounds like there are others in the community.

You know e. coli from the taco bell lettuce but that is not where we got this from - they don't know yet what it is from. What I need is prayer for Ally and Drew (and me). They don't have it but the incubation time is up to 9 days. I would feel confident that they are safe if we could get through this weekend and no more kids go home from the preschool. The last kid to go home with confirmation of having it was last Friday. It is spread by poop and not having good hand washing - which you can guarantee that we have been doing regularly.

I was reminded by our asst principal Friday night at the game that I needed to pray. He is a Christian man - wonderful!!! He told me that my kiddos are surrounded by a hedge of protection and that I needed to trust God. Smack in the face - Brenda you aren't trusting God! I need to remember that he is in control and has all our days mapped out - e. coli or not.

Also pray for a little girl that is in the hospital and not doing well - one of the side effects is kidney shut-down.

So wash and scrub your hands!!!

No comments: