Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Small Group

I'd like to say I have a good excuse on not blogging in the last week, but I have nothing. I'd like to say that I am busy, but so is everyone else.

Last night was a monumental point in our journey to our new home. We started our small group. We have started with four couples - one being very old. (that's Uncle Dale, Britt!!!) An elder at our church has helped us start this group out with the plan that he steps aside next summer and we continue going.

Pray this group will gel and will become a family. We are the only ones with small kids and we have a baby due in the group in 9 wks!

I was flipping through files to find a info card last night and came across this picture of a close family two days after our newest member had been born. When asked what we wanted this group to become I thought of this picture and the one hanging on the wall of a super bowl party at the Hilson's. We want a family that is there to support, love, care and keep us accountable.


God will do great things with our new group!

Side note: I wanted to ask for a picture for the blog, but I don't want them to know quite yet that I am crazy!

We are also going to have to work on what everyone brings to the table for small group. We have a foam seller, video game designer, map maker, construction dude, teachers, and a soon to be mom. Who am I going to go to if I need a knee or hip now????

2 comments:

amy said...

awww... that is too funny! email me a copy (it probably won't save well from the blog). nice how you put one up where my face couldn't be any FATTER!!!!!!!! dang, i swelled up when trip was born!! we miss you guys!

Julie Shaw said...

Wow!! that seems like forever ago! Ahh the days of no kids for the shaws!!