Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A Day at CCAMS

I wish I would have had my camera because we must take pictures to document our life on the blog, but I was too freaked out today to go get my camera phone!

Every year we have student council speeches for president and vice president. Every year they drone on about getting the gym floor changed - we merged schools a few years ago, alternative lunches, snacks, recess, comment boxes, ketchup dispensers...This year we had a little excitement!

Mrs. Brack was trying to keep herself awake during the speeches. She was fixing the tornado/fire evacuation sign on the gym door. She couldn't get it to stick since something was on the back of it. She pulled it up to find a SNAKE (alive don't you know) stuck to the back in the duct tape. AHHHHHHHH Of coarse trying not to make a scene we (teachers) wanted to know what the heck was going on. At first we weren't sure of the dangerous level - it had red on it (bad sign), but after much debate and consulting of our "experts" (aka science teachers), we are pretty sure that won't kill us.

I still -12 hours later- get chills up my back thinking something is slithering in my hair!

Jason mentioned that it was probably placed there as a practical joke by the kids - but our kids are not quiet and can't keep a secret from anyone. If they did tell, it would spread and everyone would be trying to check out the gym door to see if it was still there.

Don't you wish you could be a teacher and have this much excitement in one day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never had a snake but had lots of mice, two bats(teacher next door got one out of my blinds for me and the other flew out the roof door), and a deer jumped through the window - try getting a scared doe out of your room with the students coming in 10 minutes!!

Jeanne Sigmund

amy said...

ohh... i would have been so freaked out. not just at that one snake, but ath the possibility that there might be more lurking around the school!