Monday, May 4, 2009

Ally's Birthday Party

What was I thinking? Last year I said that I wouldn't have 13 girlies in my house all at once again, but never said that I wouldn't do a big party with her whole class again. She insisted having a couple boys and didn't want to say no to some and yes to others so we invited all of her class - all 13 plus Issi's twin brother. All but 3 were able to come.

We originally had it planned for Saturday, but this Mommy forgot to look at the calender to see that the Spring Amana Maifest was that day and NO ONE could come. So instead of a nice relaxing Sunday we had a party at the Iowa Children's Museum.

She had a blast! The highlight of ICM parties are the handprint that you get to put on the wall. I wish I would have gotten a picture of it after she wrote her name by it. She wrote her name in cursive - that we learned a week ago. My Mom and Jason stood there with jaws dropped open when they saw it. She is one smart cookie.


We are pretty sure that Tana is going to be a lot like Ally which means that there will not be silence in our house or a car ride for some time. Oh boy.

We all need to thank every kindergarten teacher there is! They must have so much patience!

2 comments:

Melissa Glanz said...

The slide show is great! Glad to see that most of my class was able to come.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time. Did they provide the cake, or did you (Jason) make it?
-Britt