Sunday, May 31, 2009

Egg Toss

Have you ever wondered what activities you might do at a Klaassen bbq? Well throwing eggs at trees - DUH!

This is not a typical Iowa thing, but at Drew's birthday a couple years ago my mom told me that she was going to set up an egg "golf course." Whatever keeps them busy!My mom has a lot of eggs. She gets like 4 dozen every week from a local lady. If one of us kids don't take some they get old, not really sure if eggs spoil though?!?!

At bbqs each kid takes a dozen and aims at a tree. Fun! Practice for high school pranks! Each time we have done it, I have almost gotten nailed from the BIG boys aiming at each other - I won't be happy if I ever get nailed.



Watch the video again and watch Kaylee's aim (she is the front girl). She must get the aim from her mom.

This year when asked what he (Drew) wanted to do for his birthday party - he said - throw eggs at Grandma's trees!

1 comment:

amy said...

no...not everyone throws eggs at trees! it was an extremely wierd concept, but the kids sure did have fun!

i'm just glad Kaylee didn't get nailed with an egg when she kept stepping up closer to the target!