Saturday, May 19, 2007

End of the Year Trip

I went to St. Louis last week with our 8th graders for the end of the year trip. My kiddos went to Fun City and indoor arcade/bowling alley/go-carts/laser tag/waterpark/etc.... It sounds like they had fun, but we did too.

We left at 5 bells - goodness I haven't seen that hour for awhile. We got to the science center at about 9:30 and saw a show at the planetarium. We went to the stadium for a tour and then to the zoo for three hours. We pulled back into Iowa City at about 10:00 for a very long day.

I took JR (7th grader) with me since he was unable to do much of the stuff at Fun City due to his accident earlier this year. He is a big Cardinal fan which made his day. When he was in the dug out, I could see thoughts of MLB running through his head. He is playing ball for their traveling team now - AMAZING! The guys (picture is below) in my group were AWESOME with him and really took care of him and made him feel welcome - Thanks boys! JR wore a monkey mask around the zoo - which startled his mom when we walked in the door at home!



create your own slideshow

Man I miss STL!!!

1 comment:

amy said...

now that is a day! why didn't we get to do fun stuff like that when i was in school?