Friday, October 12, 2007

Chicken Pot Pie

One of Jason's favorite meals is chicken pot pie and I HATE to make it. Now you might be thinking of the great frozen fat loaded Swanson meals, but oh no!!!! Thank you Sheryl for introducing Jason to your delishes pot pie while we were overseas. It was good, but I am not a big fan. It is an all in one meals and like Ally says - Mom, we have to have 3 things for supper.

So if you want to get to your husband's stomach with some good comfort food here it is!

Chicken Pot Pie
Cooked Chicken (I use about 2 breasts)
1 packet mushroom, chicken or onion soup
2-3 carrots cut up
2 big potatoes
2 cups water
1 can cream of mushroom - this is not in the original recipe - I don't think they have it where Sheryl lives

Put all together and simmer until tender. Put in a pie crust (Sheryl gave me a recipe but here in America - I buy it) and bake 15-20 minutes in 350 degree oven.

She made us a couple other really good meals that are also on Jason's favorite list! Hats off to Sheryl!!

No comments: