Monday, October 15, 2007

The Poor Guy

Tonight on my way home I was talking to Jason and a squirrel ran out on the road. I didn't really know what to do because this little guy was not acting normal. Usually these little critters run back to the ditch or run across the road. This squirrel proceeded to run down the middle of my lane. He would have been fine but he decided to take a last minute ditch to the other side of the road which meant that his short life was going to quickly come to an end.

I haven't ever hit a squirrel or other furry creature. I never thought that I would feel sorry but does he have a family? Some squirrel mommy is going to be sad tonight and it is my fault.

2 comments:

amy said...

that is sad... though i can't quit chuckling to myself about you worrying about the squirrel mommy!

Anonymous said...

so i don't remember you ever worrying about all the dead squirrels next to out powelines when we were kids?