Monday, October 22, 2007

Pumpkins - part 1

This weekend was full of pumpkins. I took Ally and Drew to Grandma Janelle's and Grandpa Jim's on Saturday morning. They picked a dozen or so small pumpkins that were growing in the garden. On Sunday, Brenda and I took the kids to a local patch to pick out a couple of bigger pumpkins for carving.

This morning, Ally's preschool class took a bus ride to another local patch. I met up with them there. I was a little late, but caught with her group after their hayride. In my mind, I was thinking that Ally would be pleasantly surprised that I came. She appeared to be having a good time as I approached, but her good time quickly dissolved into the following:


The crying and clinging lasted for about an hour, through the animal petting, and play time. When it came time to pick out a pumpkin, she started warming up just a little bit.

By the time she finished picking out her pumpkin, she was pretty much back to her normal self, laughing, running, talking to her friends, smiling. We waited for everyone to get their pumpkins and then it was back on the bus and back to school. Five bucks says she takes a nap today.



I'm sure Brenda will have a post later today or this week about the family trip to the patch and also some pictures of our spooky jack-o-lanterns. Happy Halloween!!

2 comments:

Jack and Sheryl said...

Can you send me your email address? I still just have your MO one. Sorry I was in bed the other night when you called. I pretty much fall into bed these days and cannot be roused! Andy brought us TONS of things, you sweet girl. I've been meaning to write you to thank you, but I just realized I don't have your address. Talk to you soon.

amy said...

dang... it is winter time in iowa? ally looks terribly sad in the first pic...that girl could use a hug! it was almost 80 degrees on saturday & sunday, but has dropped to the 50s the last couple of day.