Sunday, October 7, 2007

I'm Getting Old...

This weekend my mom had the kids so we could go on a date and we had our annual Family Transitions interview on Saturday morning. We enjoyed a nice supper and the infamous trip to Wal-Mart without any kids. We started birthday shopping for Drew-Drew!

Saturday morning we started staining the rail of the deck before the interviewer got there and got a little done and learned some tricks to looking better and doing it quicker. After the interview my mom graciously agreed to keep the kids for some of the afternoon so we could get it done. In a balmy 90+ degrees (who would think of such hot temps in October in IOWA!?!?), we got it done in just under 4 hours.

Little did we know that neither of us would be able to move the next day. I need a good massage on parts that I never knew existed! Also it took a 45 minute shower to scrub off all the stain all over my body!

But doesn't it look nice - the color - chocolate!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

that's so funny that you guys went to Wal-Mart. Glen and I end up there after every date. :)