Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Craft Time

Craft time with the Willis kids is NEVER a clean adventure. Our kids love to draw and draw and create new things. On Saturday afternoon Ally and I made pumpkins for our small group. She thought this was the coolest thing ever. Too bad that it is not even October yet. In the grocery store today, she BEGGED to buy a huge pumpkin. Come on - let's wait til we go to the pumpkin farm. But Mom (with whining)... - NO!

On Sunday we had a crazy day with Jason and I working different "shifts" for communion at church so we had some down time. Typically "most" of the craft stuff stays in the office at my feet by the computer. The paper is easily accessible out of the printer - and that is where mom is.

Sometimes it gets moved to the kitchen if I am cooking or there is a trail from their "show and tell" parade.

Today I was grading papers in the living room so guess where craft time ended up being - right beside me on the couch. Good thing I can multi-task or I would have never gotten anything done between giving suggestions and tying string for wall hangings. We now have lots of masks, wall hangings and cards for us to enjoy for this week until I "recycle" it all to start the next week all over. Good things that a ream of paper is only $3.62!

No comments: