Wednesday, September 17, 2008

August 4th

It all started one very innocent Monday morning as I headed to the dreaded yearly who hoo inspector appointment that I have neglected to schedule for the past 2 years. I was secretly hoping to move back to STL or that Dr. Brondz would move to IC. I couldn't get in with the REAL dr. for several months so I scheduled this one with the PA. As they started asking all the regular questions I mentioned a weird cycle last month. She said - oh I will go get a pregnancy test. In my mind (and I think it came out of my mouth) I said - don't bother have you seen our summer calendar?

She walked back in and said - yep you're pregnant. As my mouth dropped open and said I didn't believe her she showed me the faint pink line. Hummmmm - maybe I should call my husband. So instead of texting him (which I did think of since I wouldn't want to disrupt a mtg) I told him to sit down. He knew I went to the dr. and knew it was either a problem or that I was pregnant. He was happier with the latter. Since I had the weird cycle, they couldn't exactly determine how far I was so we started with ultra sounds - then to blood tests - then two more ultra sounds to determine that I am due April 4th.

Baby Hammie is doing well and growing - or at least my belly is. My belly button is out. I have been sick this time around which is quite frustrating - morning, afternoon and evening. Not much up-chuck but a lot of dry heavin'. I finally gave in and called for the naseaus medicine which is helping slightly.

So our Christmas letter will be crazy. We thought about writing what hasn't changed, but it would be really short. So 28 1/2 wks to go!

8 comments:

amy said...

glad you finally posted this! i was wondering when you were going to let the world know!!! i'm glad you told us in person, though i can't believe you knew for A WHOLE MONTH before you peeped!

we're excited for you... and i'm cracking up that your belly button has already popped out. yours comes out faster that any other pregnant person in the ENTIRE WORLD!!! :0)

Andrea G. said...

How EXCITING! I am so happy for you! Will you find out boy or girl? I will pray that you start to feel better soon!

Mindy said...

congratulations, Brenda!

Jack and Sheryl said...

Hey, you found out on our anniversary! How fun is that!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm very happy for you guys ;)Three kiddos are so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Yey!!! You need another boy. Drew will need a frog catching partner in a couple years!

Annika said...

Hi Brenda,
I have been stalking you for awhile :) I am not sure how I found your blog... anyway, CONGRATULATIONS! I hope your pregnancy goes well for you. Call me sometime so we can chat about our October Deaconess job.
~Annika

David and Marianne said...

Chris told me to check your blog a week ago and then Linda spilled the beans to me this past weekend : ) Congratulations!!!

I try and take about 15 minutes a week to post on our blog but have zero to very little time to do any blog reading of my own... so sorry it's taken me this long : ) But cute, cute posts... both of them!! And so happy for you!!