Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Trip South

Labor Day weekend we headed south to enjoy some Southern hospitality. We got to visit our great friends in STL and enjoy their company. I even got to watch my first Georgia game - woo hoo!

On the way down, Ally asked - when in Uncle Randy going to come get us from the side of the road? We "assured" her that we didn't think he would have to come get us. Check out our last trip to Memphis.

After enjoying the McLaren's we headed over to the Scoggins for the big game - really it wasn't much of a game, but I thought that Georgia let the no-name team score way too many points. It was very enjoyable since we got all four kids to nap - or at least 2 of them to sleep and the other 2 to rest.

We were blessed to have Anderson's throw a BBQ for their care group that we crashed. It was fun to see old faces and see how much the kids had grown. By the end of the night I was ready for them all to crash on the couch to watch a Veggie Tales - notice how Ally couldn't keep her eyes off the TV for one picture? Ally isn't the only girl - but the others are too small for the square babysitter!

I miss STL very much and sometimes wonder - were we ever suppose to move? I did realize on this trip that I know that we are right in the middle of God's plan - he has proven that this year. I would rather be no place than in the middle of His plan here in Iowa City.

So friends - join us here in Hawkeye country and watch God move!

No comments: