Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Fun Birthday!


I can't believe he is four. It seems like yesterday that he had a binky and wore diapers. I miss those chubby cheeks and lack of hair. It is always fun watching them open their presents. We had put out his presents on Sunday afternoon by the fireplace. Ally was looking at them and Drew told her - Stay away those are my presents for my birthday!

We had a fun party a week later. I am glad that we didn't do it before his birthday because that Sunday was WINDY and COLD. The next weekend was PERFECT. The highlights of the party were the four-wheeler rides, hayride, bonfire and egg throw.

A month before his birthday I asked him what he wanted to do for his party - meaning Playstation, Children's Museum or something similar. He said, "I want to throw eggs at Grandma's house." Last year at his party, she painted an "x" on the trees and the kids each got a dozen eggs to throw at the "x." It was very exciting. I am sure that we are encouraging egging in the future. This year the adults (okay boys or men) got into it and almost pelted me. Arghhhh.

2 comments:

amy said...

it was just yesterday that he had a binky... HA!! just kidding... glad he finally got rid of those (are there any still hiding on top of the fridge?)

Happy belated b'day Drewey! Can't believe you are 4!

Brenda Rae said...

They are in the upstairs closet. He knows they are there and has tried them but thinks they taste gross!