Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Labor Day at the Res

The resivoir is a common place for many people from our area to spend their weekends boating and hanging out. We hadn't been there except to look at how high the water had gotten. We decided to head out for a nice Labor Day picnic with my parents.

We took the kids to Fossil Gorge first. Back in the Floods of '93, the water washed away a bunch of rocks uncovering TONS of fossils. There aren't any dinosaurs sticking up but lots of fishy stuff and shells. This year more were uncovered. It was fun to explore. We were also visited by a few random deer that wanted a drink.

We had a picnic on the beach. I hate sand and the beach but know my kids love it. We didn't bring their suits since it was slightly chilly, but I guess it is never too cold to get wet. They had a blast digging in the water. A couple weeks later we brought them back - also on a cold day, but they still got drenched! Kids will be kids. I am sure that back in my younger years I would have done the same thing.

1 comment:

Jack and Sheryl said...

How can you hate the beach? Sand I can understand...And how can I have known you for 13 years and not know that about you?