Sunday, February 15, 2009

Are you Expecting?

Yesterday Jason's present to me was having me go get groceries (without kids). You might think that would be awesome, but I hate getting groceries and like to torture all involved and make him go with me - so it was my Valentine to him not to go!

At the check-out (for round 2 - one side of Wal-Mart first and then groceries), I was asked by the really nice cashier (who reminds me of Carrie Shupp) if I was expecting. WHAT???? I know she was trying to be nice and didn't want to get popped in the nose if I wasn't, but come on what gave it away - the waddling to the cart to put the bags in or the big huge watermelon under my shirt? I told her that I have 7 wks left to go.

She preceded to ask if this was my first. I know she had no clue, but if it was just 2 of us I was buying a TON of groceries. And I had Trix yogurt, fish crackers, and a lot of other "kid" food.

I got a good laugh at the whole ordeal - because I know that I am either ENORMOUS or pregnant. Part of the really mean me wanted to say no - but that would have been awful for this really nice girl!

So less than 7 weeks left to go! Dr. Wenzel said that she wouldn't stop me after March 1st though - Now that is SCARY - since we aren't ready!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Goes to show you do not have to be smart to be a cashier at Walmart! Love the side profile and Allie's attempt at a belly too!

amy said...

too funny! looks like hammie might be trying to kick drewey in the head!

jamie said...

i get DUMB questions now too- i told andy tonight after returning from walmart by myself also, that i'm not going out anymore until she is born. people just say so many things that they don't think about-
also if you beat me in having your babe you're in trouble. dr wenzel said she can't induce me (cause of c-section before) and she'd let me go a week over my due date.. AHHH WHAT?!