Sunday, February 8, 2009

Getting Ready to Show Love

This weekend we have been busy bees! We have gotten a lot accomplished - one project was getting our Valentine's ready for our classmates at school. Ally & Drew picked out their cards - Drew has Spiderman and Ally has Tinker Bell. Surprise! Surprise!


Drew had to write his name 23 times. His cards were slick and a normal pen wouldn't write on them. A washable marker wouldn't either since it wiped off - wet or dry. So we had to give him a Sharpie - YIKES. I closely supervised so that it wouldn't get on the table. He took a break after about every 5 cards. He did such a great job! He didn't have to write his classmates names on so it made the job slightly easier.

Ally got to write all her classmates names on their cards. She enjoyed it a lot and then had to put a pencil in each.

I remember doing this when I was little and thrilled and very specific about which card to give which friend. I am glad that Ally hasn't figured that part out. This week she made a picture while we were still at school. She said - Mom this is for my boyfriend. HUH???? I told her that kindergarteners don't have boyfriends. Her response - okay I will give it to Daddy.

Jason felt a little jipped out of the deal, but oh well - at least we are still boyfriend free.

2 comments:

Kiki said...

Sage once said something about a girlfriend. We clarified that he meant a girl who is a friend. I don't think he knows what a girlfriend is!

Jen said...

I laughed today when Amanda told me that only a few kids in the early childhood class could write their names. I can barely get Lars to help me put on a sticker on 23 valentines let alone write his name! Go Drew!