Thursday, February 19, 2009

Basement Lookin' Good

We have some boys coming to our house this weekend for Disciple Now so we had to pick up the basement. I realized that I hadn't added picts of our comfy place for awhile.

Jason built me some end tables after searching for 4 years (yes really)! I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier. It was a ton cheaper to have him build it than find one in the store. It was actually a project we did together. Okay I didn't do much but I was there and sanded a lot!

We did decide to splurg and just buy the basement bedroom set. It was going to be about the same cost as building it and it would take only 2 weeks to get here - where it would have taken Jason about 7 years to finish.

This last picture is for Rachel. She gave us one of her wedding presents since she didn't know what to do with it. The words were meant to sit on a shelf. Since we didn't have a shelf, I had Jason cut the back off and put hangers on them. I like them and it was obviously cheap. Hope that no one reading this blog gave them to her!

Now what will my house look like after boys stay in my basement - not quite sure, but I better get used to it since Drew is slowly getting up there. He did tell us tonight that he didn't want to get bigger - just stay the age he was. I could handle that!

1 comment:

Kim Harms said...

Funny! I just posted some pictures of my basement on my blog. It looks quite a bit different than yours!