Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Breech

We are down to the final countdown - 5.5 wks left to go and Hammie is sitting on the exit. We have three weeks to flip or we have to talk about what to actually do. So the research begins. I have had many friends tell me that theirs has flipped no problem (thanks Jamie!) and that is LIKELY what will happen.

I have gained very little weight this time - WooHoo! It should all be off with the weight of the baby! I am measuring a couple weeks ahead which is no surprise considering Ally and Drew's size. The vote is still 2 for a girl, 1 for a boy, and 1 - don't care. Names are picked much to my mother's disagreement.

We are "ready" with all baby stuff bought except the bottle vents which I have to special order since they changed them in the last 4 years - arghhhhh.

Now I just need to get the sub plans written. I should be able to get on those since my student teacher is taking over more responsibilities now. Yes I have a student teacher - I might have been crazy, but at least I am know someone will know how to teach math and my routine. She will be doing her head teaching about the time that I leave. The real sub will only actually have to teach by herself for about 1 week. If you know me - I won't be able to let much of it be unattended anyway so I will be heavily involved which gave my principal relief. I/we still have to get the kids to school during my leave.

The cold fairy brought all four of us colds this week so Kleenex are getting used up quickly in the Willis household.

4 comments:

Andrea G. said...

I was breech with Elizabeth almost right up to my due date. I totally did the baby dancing A LOT! And by God's grace she did flip in enough time!

Laura Lynn said...

The lady that taught my birth class in VA years ago had a few suggestions for helping to turn a breech baby. One I remember worked for the 2 gals in my class -- Putting cider blocks (or somthing like it) under the foot of the bed to raise it. Sleep with feet elevated for 3+ days and the baby will turn.

jamie said...

crawl around the house on all fours! they say that works too! :)
praying hammie will flip!

Unknown said...

Dr. Beer (in Ames) physically turned Ava, who was breech. It was super painful, but it worked & prevented a c-section. I can'y remember what the procedure is called.

Good luck!
Anna