Friday, June 19, 2009

Swimming is Here!

It hasn't been that warm this summer and we finally got the pool up. It is a mere 70 degrees. Jason had to get in earlier this week to fix some holes. Everyone would have been thrilled if I could have gotten pictures of this adventure but I got the look of death when I told him I was going to get the camera. All I have is eyewitness accounts from our friend Val. We were both rolling on the ground - especially when he put the kids' goggles on to go under the water.

The kids got in on Wednesday afternoon and evening. I can't wait to get in but it is a little chilly for Tana banana so I have had to sit it out right now. Tana got her feet wet. She didn't mind it, but the sun in her eyes was more than she could handle.

We started swimming lessons this week. Both kids have had a blast and are little fish. If I could handle another session I would but this 2 week stint might be all I can handle with the morning crazy routine!

Drew has definitely got more confidence this summer and isn't connected to the ladder all the time. He still stays fairly close and like to hang on it but will swim out more.

Cannon Ball!!!!

Ally fights to get on the ladder so that she can dive it. We are working on putting her head down so that she doesn't belly flop every time. It doesn't seem to hurt the first 5 times, but after that we get a belly ache.

Practicing gliding.

So if you want an afternoon of fun - come join us or let us meet you at the pool!

No comments: