Thursday, July 20, 2006

Can't Every Day be Like Yesterday?

AGGGGHHHHH it seems like my kids are on an every other day good/bad routine. Monday was completely awful and I told Jason that he might not have anyone left when he came home. I tried to go to the store with them and that was my first mistake. Drew figured out how to move the stroller while buckled in. I had parked him far enough away from clothes for him not to pull anything off the racks. I peaked out the door to make sure that the whining was just the desire to be free and not hurt when I saw him moving around trying to get in the dressing room before I closed the door.

After our long weekend, they both were sleep deprived and very naughty. Ally promised Daddy to obey that afternoon - hummmm not so much.

Tuesday was a day from glory. I needed it to remind me that I truly did love them and just hate the 2 bdrm apt. We played play dough and raced cars. We took good naps. Jason thought I was smoking something when I suggested that we all go at 8:00 to Fantastic Sams to get his hair cut. Maybe Drew could get one too???? It's been a good day - right?!?! Drew clung to Jason as they put the cape over him. He sat on Jason's lap. Ally and I snuck out to get some hair spray a couple stores down. When we came back, Drew was still sitting still. Amazing. The only time the boy flinched was when they used the clippers on his ears and neck - Drew is VERY ticklish! It was such a successful trip that we went to Culvers to get some ice cream. Besides the mess that they make when they miss their mouth - it continued to be a great night.


Wednesday was a disaster again, but it is any time we are leaving Wisconsin. Kids crazy - mom is even crazier and dad laughs as he scampers out the door after lunch. Drew never gets out of his bed during nap time - baffles me, but whatever. Today I walk in after 45 minutes of talking to find him holding one of the dresser drawers. He has put ALL of the clothes into that drawer. He didn't like my arrangement of their clothes. I wanted to giggle, but I wanted him in bed ASLEEP! Straight face, scold him, put the clothes back and put him back in bed. He stayed and went to sleep.

Thursday was a good day. Except for the long wait in the dr. office and nap time again. I guess the babysitter is up for a challenge tomorrow!

No comments: