Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Doomed!

I think that I have mentioned that we have baby kitties. I am not a big fan of cats, but I am also not a big fan of killing anything either. BUT with Drew and Ally around I am not sure how long these kitties will make it.

The momma moved the kitties into our garage. After several weeks there, Jason moved them to another shed close to the house so we could close the garage door. The momma cat went with us for a few hours until she decided to get back at us and decided to move the darn things to our back door. Good grief!

Drew was estatic when we got home to see them there. "Kitties! Kitties! Kitties!" Run little things run the 3 foot giant man who doesn't know the word gentle is coming after you! I figured that we would try and teach the kids how to be nice to the cats.

After a morning of rain, I decided to let the little monsters (Ally and Drew) out while I was making lunch. In the midst of making lunch, I look out the door and notice a fur ball in Drew's hand as he flung it threw the rain spout. Screaming, I ran out the door, grabbed the kitty and tried to comfort it. At first I didn't think it was moving. Shaken it came back and looked at me like why did he do that to me....

So back in the house we went and I moved the kitties back to the shed during nap time. That lasted about an afternoon when they figured out how to get out of their box and the momma led them back to the back door.

Once again Drew was thrilled to have his playmates back. He treated them to a ride in his wagon. I am not sure they were having fun but I know he was!

No comments: