Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Good Lunch Gone Bad

Today is the day we head back to WI for the rest of the week. I have managed to keep the house clean and the kids are sane! I decided to try and make something that they don't get everyday - grilled cheese or chicken nuggets. I know this isn't the healthiest lunch, but I threw in some fish sticks and french fries.

We had just come home from town (yes it is now a trip for the morning not just a quick errand). We were trying to get the baby kitties back to their home (another story soon to come) and it looked like rain so I was trying to pull in the toys that aren't SUPPOSE to be outside. Everything seemed to be going great. Jason called to let me know that they finished framing the first floor of the house. Drew was running around and Ally was watching TV.

I went to check on the fish and the oven door latch was in the lock position. ARGHHHHH. I had to hang up on Jason because this old stove was going to need some pressuring to get the latch loose. I finally got the latch undone - who knows how either of the kids got it to move. Then the oven is still locked. What?!?!? Did they break it? Don't want to tell Grandpa Smith that one. After talking to mom, I called the appliance store to ask. She told me that the oven would have to completly cool down before it would open.

Now in my hopes I thought cool down to about 300???? Well that was at 12:30. At 1:00, I gave in and made some peanut butter sandwiches for Ally and Drew. I just checked the oven and it finally opened at 2:45. It is a cold oven and rubbery fish!

No comments: