Friday, July 28, 2006

A Hot Day in the Park!

It's finally Friday!!! Does anyone feel the same way?!?! We are heading back for the second to last time to Iowa (for all of us). So I am trying to get laundry done and wear the kids out for the car ride, but I think that I am more tired than they are. We needed snacks for the trip and quarters for laundry and money in the bank. Ally asked if we could go to her cousins park, but I said it was a little to far to drive. We settled on the blue slide park by the school.

I ordered some lemonade and pizza, but I couldn't get any ice cream until I had eaten my food. Sounds familiar!


Climbing to the top to see the planes. The EAA (whatever that stands for) air show is going on right in Oshkosh about 15 miles south of us. We see HUGE planes flying really low all day. Drew thinks planes are almost as cool as tractors.


I finally got a good picture of them together. Too bad I am using my cell phone camera and it isn't very clear.


On to cooling off with some lemonade and air conditioning.

5 comments:

AKA said...

EAA is Experimental Aviation Association. Rob's dad is a member and goes up to Oshkosh every summer. He's already mentioned taking Kylee up there for her first trip!

Brenda Rae said...

I suppose he has a cameper like everyone else. I have never seen so many campers in one place. What do they do????

AKA said...

Rob's grandpa is the one with the RV! They basically go up to look at old planes I guess. There's a book about the airshow and the Anderson family has it's own section!! We are so cool!!!!

Brenda Rae said...

A book about the Andersons - maybe I need a signed copy of it. The planes were cool - but all I saw was new ones like big jets.

amy said...

what do you mean by, "2nd to last time to iowa" ? is jason almost through with his training?

anyway... what do you mean by "it's finally friday" ? it's not like you've gone to work in the last 2 months!!!! :0)