Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A Job!

I forgot to post this earlier, but I have a job as a 7th grade math teacher in Clear Creek - Amana. I am really excited about this position. It is not as small as most Iowa schools. There are about 100 kids in the 7th grade and growing rapidly! Once we get to North Liberty, the school will be about 20 minutes from our house.

Other pluses about the school, Ally and Drew can go to daycare/preschool. Yeah - can you imagine Drew in pre-school???? He does have to wait til he is 2 to start going. Another bonus is that in 2 years, they are moving the middle school to Tiffin which is 6 miles from our house!

It is quite a change from Cross Key and the 950 kids. My ebonics will not help me in Amana either!

Other tidbits that we are learning about Amana:
1. School is about 1/4 miles from the refidgerator plant - do you have an AMANA?
2. Amananites are not amish - Thanks to my mom and her co-workers. I think we gave them a good laugh. They don't have horse and buggies. They do have electricity. The Amana Colonies were a bunch of Germans that believed in communal living. They lived in villages close together. They farmed together outside of their villages. They shared everything. They have beautiful quilts and great home-cooked food!

No comments: