Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Geocaching

Chris has got me interested in a new hobby, but Jason thinks that I am insane. He thinks that someone is going to blow me up. Chris has been playing with his friends in Omaha, but you have to have a GPS (at least it makes it a lot easier). He got one for Christmas.

Basically you go to this website (www.geocaching.com). You see if there are any caches in your area. There were like 12 in the Brooklyn area and over 500 in the Iowa City area. A cache ranges from a pill bottle to a little canister the size of your pinky finger. You find the coordinates of the cache on the web and then go on a sacavenger hunt for it. The GPS should bring you within 15 feet of it and then the rest is up to you.

Chris did several while he was here. We did a couple in N. Liberty with him. I found one by myself and Chris found the other. It is fun especially if you like hide and seek.

The other fun is watching the "Mugglers" trying to figure out what you are doing - especially the police man!



Cool Slideshows

2 comments:

amy said...

the geocaching would be a blast if you had someone to watch the kids while you searched. that would be a fun youth group project!

looks like you guys had a good christmas! you did way better than me at taking pics. i haven't looked at my camera yet since we just got in last night, but i know i didn't take very many.

Brenda Rae said...

Actually most of these are from my mom's camera - we have about 10 picts of the week! I have lots more blogs to go though from my week at home!