Monday, January 22, 2007

Yes I am Officially Old!

What keeps me going in the morning???? I am still not really old enough to be my students' parents. I am within about 2 years. Yes I could be their mom, but I would only be 18 and that is WAY to young!!

At 6:10 a.m. on January 22, 1977, the most beautiful baby was born. I would put a baby picture on, but we don't have a digital one and I don't want to try and fight the scanner tongiht. I have been blessed with 30 - yes I said thirty years of life. I have a wonderful - husband (aka cake decorator) and two fine but insane kids. I have lots of friends and a wonderful job. A gorgeous brand new house and a God that loves me more than anything. (remember this is a no editting site - i have noticed many incomplete/run-on sentences :)

Well for the fun of my birthday. My husband will take on one challenge a year (okay he is editting behind me and says one cake challenge he does do more than one challenging thing a year). He asks what kind of cake I want. Trying to stump him I think of the craziest thing that I assume that he will never try. Many of you have seen the Strawberry Shortcake Cake from a couple years ago. Being mean I thought - oh the kids would love a Backyardigans cake. So there it was. I really thought I would be lucky to get my name on it, but my dearest husband took the challenge on and did a wonderful job on the Backyardigans. Someday he wants to be known as the "Master Cake Decorator."


My parents came over for supper and cake. Ally and Drew had fun helping me blow out the 30 candles that my thoughtful husband put on.

See the smoke! We thought the smoke detector might go off.

The final question - what did I get for my birthday besides money. Some wood to build some furniture - a bench for my entryway!

3 comments:

AKA said...

Tell Jason I'm very impressed with the cake! Happy birthday!

Jack and Sheryl said...

Jason is definitely giving me a run for my money in the cake department. Loved the cake! :)

Liz said...

wow. i am soooo impressed with this cake. i wish i'd have known jason when i needed cakes for my girls. i would have hired him.