Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Control

Many of you know me well enough to know that I like to be in control. My husband is nodding furiously I am sure wherever he is reading this. This semester I have been given a patience tester. I have a student teacher. Many think this is the dream of any teacher. Someone to do all the grading, copying, teaching, etc..... ummmmm not quite.

I enjoy working with Joe, but I WANT MY CLASS BACK!!!! I am learning to give advice and keep my mouth shut when it doesn't go off quite like I wanted. Joe usually responds like wow you knew that was going to happen or how did you know the questions they were going to have or parts they wouldn't get. You know where they are going to struggle. Well 8 years of teaching has been 8 years of learning over 800 learning styles and 800 ways of learning and 800 different kid's questions.

I want control back! Call me selfish. He time is coming to an end quickly. On a feel good note for me - kids are asking when are you teaching again I don't understand him.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh ya i had a student teacher in math too his name was bronson mc culley? our neighbors relation some how. anyways he sucked we couldnt wait till he left.