Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Blowing Eggs

Easter is coming! Ally has been bugging me for days about making Easter decorations. When I told her about decorations, I meant get them out of the closet, but she didn't want that. So here comes the dye!

We were out of eggs and this is now going to be an expensive project. I think the grocery store people are evil because I think that eggs doubled this week in price! I wish we could use my mom's eggs, but brown eggs don't dye well! We don't like hard boiled eggs at our house and coling real eggs and sticking them back in the frige seems pointless, so I got my puffer out and blew out the eggs.

It was easier than I remember it. Does that mean in my old age I have more hot air?


We do have enough egg goup for french toast one day and breakfast pizza another!

Stay tuned for the actual dying process - it could be interesting with 2 pre-schoolers!

2 comments:

amy said...

that is wierd that you blew the goo out! even if you don't eat hard boiled eggs, you could have boiled them anyway!

my fav part was when ally started laughing while she was blowing on the egg!

Kim Harms said...

You are a better sport than I. I told the boys we were not going to dye eggs, so they asked Grandma. She of course obliged.