Sunday, March 30, 2008

Party Time

What do you call a birthday party with 12 girls in preschool? Insanity???? It might have been loud, it might have been busy, but I wouldn't have had it any other way. Ally invited 13 friends (all the girls in her class) over for her 5th birthday on Saturday. I wasn't expecting that all would actually be able to come. They came in their pretty dresses - because I guess that what you wear to parties???

Several moms dropped off their little princesses looking at me like - I really want to head shopping since I have a couple free hours, but I will stay if you want me to looks. I pushed them out the door saying we had it under control. As my friend Patrick would say at school - organized chaos!



I must thank Kate and my mom for helping. Jason ducked out after the pinata to go look at a deck to build. There was too many girls in one house for him!

We did get to celebrate today with our parents. She had a wonderful day and got some great present - as if we didn't have enough toys! She got a camera from Grandma Rhonda and Grandpa Charlie. Jason and I had seen it at Christmas and thought she would like it. After Chuck said that Trip loved his, we asked for it! She has taken a meer 250 pictures today. So Michelle you have an apprentice coming soon!

5 comments:

amy said...

i was thinking to myself that you are absolutely CRAZY for inviting this many girls & then letting the moms leave, but... it looks like you kept them busy with crafts, cupcake decorating,etc! actually looks like fun!

Kim Harms said...

You are one brave woman!! I have not ventured into the world of "friend" parties with either boy yet. So far it's just been family. Though there are so many boys on our street, Owen says it's like a party every day.

amy said...

so i just came back & clicked on the last pic... what is ally doing? and where in the world did you get those neon icing colors for the cupcakes?

Brenda Rae said...

Neon icicng - food coloring at the store. It was with the other "traditional" colors. The cupcakes are actually the same color inside. Add it to the batter and bake! Funny faces - who knows there wasn't a good smile all silly faces.

Jen said...

So, I was looking at the party pics with my 3 year old and she asked to have the same party. She thought it looked like fun! I did too!