Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Crafts

DISCLAIMER: We typically don't do naked crafts at our house, but the paint got on one of my shirt a week ago on another craft and didn't come out so to protect my kids' clothes - they had to be shirtless!

The goal for this project was to be the tags on Christmas pressents from the kids, but as we sat opening our last presents at family's houses - I realized the pretty reindeer and trees were still sitting on the desk at home waiting to be attached to gifts. Rats!

Ally and Drew LOVE crafts. That actually might be an understatement. So I got this lovely idea from a friend, Jenn. If you do the craft, I will steal it for my own kids. Also if you come to our house, you know that we have every craft supply that you could want - that comes from my many years of Sunday School teacher and school teacher. On Saturday night we painted lots of tongue depressors brown and green for reindeer and trees. At the end of the night we glue them together to let them set up for the decorating.

On Sunday we got out the googly eyes, buttons, foam pieces to decorate them. There was a lot of supervision since I didn't want glue everywhere. Personally I liked Drew's trees better since he used buttons instead of the HUGE foam pieces, but it was her project and she is as stubborn as me.

This is a rare picture of me trying to glue on Rudolph's red bows. Jason enjoyed playing with the camera.

No comments: