Monday, December 1, 2008

Meet Clark Griswald

Jason takes pride in his Christmas lights. This year he added some great touches - solar eyes and outlets in the roof with two new circuits. He is trying to cut down on the fire hazards! He spent several hours up on the roof and gained a beautiful house and a lot of sore muscles. He is getting old and is not as flexible.

I worked on the bottom and went only to the roof to work on the strands that weren't working completely. I wish I knew how many lights were up there - he thinks that there are about 15 strands of normal lights on the roof and 5 strands of icicles. On the bottom I used about 5 strands. Our struggle was the lovely twirly trees that almost won and didn't have to stand in the cold this year, but the front would have looked slightly bare without them. A fence post, wire ties and a popcicle stick later - Jason and I won and they are up looking nice only at night!

The funny part that was as we were finishing up people were driving by REALLY slow. One family stopped to turn around in our driveway. My mom almost drove off the road looking at it. Jason is my hero!

The kids wanted to put up their lights and I agreed they could decorate the deck. They picked the colors and we put some green and red on the deck. It was nice and fun project to do with Ally. Drew chickened out and got too cold. Sorry there are no pictures of it, but it is too cold and now I have to wear shoes in the backyard instead of my flip flops with the snow!

2 comments:

Allie L. said...

Wow, your house looks great! We hope to be more Griswoldy next year, but this year the new wall/drywalling gets all the attention. We just have 2 bushes with lights and some wreath/greenery action.

Great job, Griswolds!

Kiki said...

It looks so pretty! Especially with the snow. I'm a little jealous.