Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Snow! Snow! Snow!

So far we are far below the snow depths that we had last year, but there is MUCH winter to come. I couldn't imagine living somewhere where there was no snow for Christmas or during winter! It has been a VERY cold December - much below average. I am so glad that I found a nice maternity coat to keep me warm. My other coat would have NEVER gone around this belly!

The kids love to go outside. There have been many days were they couldn't because their skin would freeze and I don't feel that would be very responsible of me! They enjoy going to the lot next to ours and sledding down their big dirt mound. Getting them bundled up takes forever since I am so picky about things getting tucked in so the snow doesn't reach their bodies! They love their cocoa and hot apple cider when they come in. At least this year their stamina for playing outside has increased so my labor to put their snow clothes on doesn't seem useless!

Jason has enjoyed the snow blower. I guess "enjoyed" isn't the word that would describe it, but he is thankful that he hasn't had to break his back trying to get it all cleaned off. I helped one day - kind of but really I am useless!

No comments: